Serene Moon

 On September 16th, 2015 at 11:00am I gave birth via C-section to my sweet angelic Serene Moon. She weighed 8 pounds 6 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. Our stay at Los Robles Hospital in Thousand Oaks was as great as I remembered it to be from when we had our first born there. The nurses were sweet and attentive, especially the night shift nurse, Ivonne. I had some complications during surgery but recovered well and fast. I went in expecting more pain than the first time and having a harder time moving around. Im not sure if I was overly prepared or I just shocked myself because even though I had a harder go around with this delivery I recovered faster, I walked more and the pain was less. The one thing that has been a little hard is the hormonal department. I feel more emotional these days than I ever remember feeling and that says a lot because Im an extremely emotional being. Overall though I am grateful to God for this phase of my life. Life becomes so much more fragile when you start a family. Its not about one person anymore its about the whole family. There is a lot to adjust with that but its all good adjustments, hard and different but good. Having a family is a complete blessing and I do wish that for all my friends that havent started theres yet. Our mornings are very early but filled with the sound of running footsteps and laughter. Our nights are warmer and filled with adventurous stories of characters I made up. Little Red Fish and his little brother Phillip. haha. Our adult time starts around 9pm where my husband and I get a few hours together without doing parenting things instead we end up looking at photos of them and talking about them. haha, its a beautiful thing. we dont have as much free time as we used to but the time we have is all going down in the memory bank with traditions, funny stories (we really had to curb our cursing around our toddler) and personal growth as a unit.
Life is good

No comments:

Post a Comment