Organic Care for Hair





Since as early as I can remember my mom would put egg yolks on her hair and wrap her hair for a few hours (sometimes overnight). I never understood it even though she would tell me its very good for her hair. Fast forward to today and mama is still wrapping her hair in egg yolks. This time around Im joining her! It true, egg yolk is pure protein and rich in lecithin which strengthens and add moisture and shine to hair.

Its easy but can get a little messy. Some people like to apply it in the shower, sort of like a conditioner, but I prefer wrapping my hair. 

2 egg yolks (separate yolk from whites and place aside)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 cup of warm water

Mix all ingredients together and work through your hair from scalp to ends. If you need more, just make some more. After your hair is saturated in it, place a shower cap over your hair. If you don't have a shower cap then a regular grocery bag works just as well. The heat from your scalp gives the treatment a boost and condensation helps with keeping it evenly moist. I left my mask on for 30 minutes then I washed and conditioned my hair with cold water. my hair felt silky soft and conditioned perfectly!

Try it out, give your hair a pampering treatment