The Ups Downs and Racing Heart of Pregnancy

Being pregnant has definitely been everything I didn't expect. As excited as I am to be given this gift of life growing inside of me I cant help but feel a part of me is dying. Sounds a bit dramatic, I know, but the everlasting high heart rate has me second guessing my health. I know that women often experience heart palpitations and shortness of breath but what I didnt expect is for it to slow my daily routine down so much. I am constantly taking deep breaths and rocking myself back and forth just so I can get comfortable. Comfort, ah seems like a distant memory already...

Nights are the worst because I am so sleepy I struggle to keep my eyes open but the moment these sleepy eyes shut, my heart races 4000 beats per second and I feel Im on the verge of a heart attack. Im up throughout the night and if I do get some shut eye its only for an hour or 2. This being said, im sure Ill do just fine when baby arrives with midnight feedings...

My husband has been my steel backbone with endless encouraging words and bringing home the cutest little onesies and funny bibs to get my mind off the discomfort. He along with my mama tell me to toughen up and ride the emotions and feelings out because Michael wants us to have more than one child together. Thats something I never thought a man would say to me but I kinda love his excitement and enthusiasm for our family. Just this morning I told him i cant go through this again and he said that will change once I am holding our little baby and he doesnt want our baby to be an only child. i love him for that but still wish he was the one to be pregnant.

One of the books he has gotten me is Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy


Love this book a bit more than What to Expect because it really describes all the nasty and funny situations we pregnant women go through. Before being pregnant it seems as though most women want to talk about the flowers and joy of pregnancy. Thats all a bunch of fake crap. Reality is, making a human is tough. It isnt for the weak and it requires a lot of patience and understanding. I am still getting used to the fact that my body is not mine till even a few months after the baby is born. Im accepting the fact that my face is going to round out, I will soon forget what my feet look like and I may be riddled with stretch marks. As one woman said it best, "Your body isnt ruined, youre a tiger and youre earning your stripes".....




Im praying for a better second trimester. I will endure what I have to for the sake of my healthy baby but please baby be good to mama....

Are any of you pregnant? If any of you are pregnant for the 2nd or 3rd time then I truly respect and honor your role on this Earth. It is no wonder why some women choose to only have 1 child. Its tougher than anyone can explain...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:53 PM

    Congratulations on your pregnancy. It's a roller coaster ride with many breath taking moments

    ReplyDelete