To Have & To Hold



Today is a special day in my life. 6 years ago today Michael and I had our first date at Koi in Los Angeles. It wasn't supposed to be a date at all, we were meeting to go over layouts and photos for a business poster of mine. During a 2 hour wait by the bar, which gave us plenty of time to talk and get to know each others story, I pulled the lame "Oh whats your tattoo of" stint just so I could touch his arm and feel some energy from him. I remember that night clearly and remember how I felt standing in that crowded room with a guy I had only corresponded with over the phone or emails. Being 25 and in Los Angeles held endless possibilities and random experiences, some that lasted years...When we sat to have dinner we were both already talking like we'd known each other our whole lives. It was at that table that I was asked "Are we on a date?" but before he could finish his sentence I said "YES!" then we ordered another bottle (we still have that bottle too) and knew we were on our way to a profound journey





At the time of meeting Michael I was at a fork in the road in my life. I could have either stayed on the path I was on but I knew that lifestyle would catch up with me sooner or later. I had great experiences, some that not every girl gets and I am forever thankful for those moments in time. When I met Michael, his path was in every single possible way different than mine and I was curious... My curiosity made Michael my subject of interest, even when big things were going on at that time in my life. I chose the path Michael was on. Our relationship took off like a rocket and within 6 months we were living together. I grew a lot since that evening at Koi. In many beautiful ways Michael has had a hand in shaping the person I am today.

I have said it before and this definitely won't be my last time saying it, I am so deeply honored to be his wife. I am so proud of us and our love story. No, we didn't have sunny days, everyday. We had many many stormy days and cold nights. There were moments of loneliness in our togetherness but after working on a love that we both believed was worth everything, we have a bond that we know can't be  tattered or tarnished. Theres a type of silent strength that is shared between people that have struggled together, worked on their differences together and come to that beautiful light at the end of the tunnel.




I love you Michael, meeting you was no coincidence, it was written in the stars and our timing was perfect because it showed us from the beginning what we are made of and what our limits are. You have
enriched my life in ways that are more valuable and cherished than any words could describe. We've built such a good life together. I cherish every moment, I value every aspect. I thank God and count my blessings for everyday that I have with you. Thank you for giving me your sweet love.

222 baby


3 comments:

  1. Niral6:42 AM

    Sara, your love story is as lovely as you are..!! sweet couple..
    Generally, people say persons with opposite nature and occupation attracted to each other..wrong, superficial, actually persons with equal perceptions,interests or common beliefs and faiths come together,they become lovers, friends or collaborator of work or even of revolutionary movement of nation.. it happens naturally,inherently..

    "The highest state of human love is the unity of one soul in two bodies"

    "Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation."
    - Sri Aurobindo
    Anyway, I really like that funky red and white glasses of Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful comment, thank you Niral. He fills my life with happiness and makes me all sappy. lol I am a happy wife..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make my life complete, I enjoy every minute of every day because of you my love. You are my heart and soul!!! I am the luckiest man on earth because of you!!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete