The Power of Scent





There is obvious beauty in nature and inspiration in the colors of flowers. Everyday is a new day to go pick some flowers in my front and backyard. Okay, reality is, I like to cut some flowers because if I dont Zephyr my pit will eat them. So, I cut flowers and place them around my kitchen for a sweet floral scent. I have been trying to build my kitchen garden, having a dog that loves everything to the point of devouring it makes me need to have certain things grow inside. My tomato plant outside has become my dogs personal snack bar. Orange tree, non existent now. So Im moving the herbs inside so he cant get to them. Sad reality...

However, I get a deep joy in decorating my kitchen with such sweetness'. Try a beautiful flower in an antique teacup and I guarantee you'll instantly feel feminine and lovely. My favorite thing to do is just sit at my kitchen table and think about life. I always instantly mentally go to all my travel adventures. A scent of a flower can take you back to a beautiful garden in another country. Lighting some incense always helps the mental journey too. I guess you can call it meditation, a little bit everyday can do you wonders!

3 comments:

  1. Niral8:28 AM

    I like the aesthetic sense and honesty with which u express ur self.
    Regards to meditation,here is record of great scholar and yogi Sri aurobindo's meditation practice, music is deeply spiritual..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIV2jux0w9k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:46 PM

    You did an Amazing job Gem! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niral~ thank you so much for the comment. I really enjoyed that video and want to try to separate mind and thought, soul from self. Very interesting video, again, thank you for sharing it with me.

    Beautiful E, thank you for the comment, I love you!

    ReplyDelete