Rich Magana







Born in Orange County, California, Rich has definitively become a staple in the world of fashion, public relations and now beauty, offering his clients national exposure, public relations and major celebrity recognition.

After dedicating nine years to laying strong foundations between retail giants, brands, media and consumers, Rich Magana decided to embark on a new adventure that would allow him to be inventive, create beauty and most importantly exercise his passion for hair and makeup artistry.


"I went from press releases to hot tools and mascara"

Studying at the prestigious Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy in 2009 under award winning stylists and celebrity makeup artists, Rich took over the class with his natural talent, creativity, design and desire to learn from his instructors and peers.

Since the courageous career move, Rich Magana has worked with several of the largest talents in hair and makeup including Sally Wang, Daven Mayeda, Roshar and Melanie Mills.

"I do feel my PR and Marketing background is a compliment to my strong work ethic, professionalism and fashion forward aesthetic"

Rich currently resides in Los Angeles where he fine-tunes his craft and focuses on his session work including editorial, fashion, events, and runway
















Rich, how long have you been in the beauty field and do you find it hard to keep up with all the changing trends?


I have been in the beauty field for over 2 years. Prior to my beauty work I was a marketing associate for several fashion retailers and brands including Hot Topic, Torrid and Mighty Fine. Having worked in fashion for 9 years, my job was to know about emerging trends so keeping up with trends is second nature to me. Its all about being linked into pop culture and street trends.


Youre a double threat, you do both hair and makeup but is there one you prefer over the other?


It really depends on the day. I find creativity out of both artistic mediums



What is the one product in your makeup kit you cannot live without and why?

I would have to say my Makeup Forever HD Foundations. They are super smooth and light in texture and you can build on them without a 'cakey' look. Close second would be my beauty blender. Its a little pink sponge that I use to apply my foundation. It pushes the foundation in the skin, resulting in a flawless natural 'airbrushed' look.



Summer is almost over and Autumn is approaching, what style do you think will be a hit in the coming season?

DARK LIPS!!! Everyone must have a dark brown or burgundy lipstick for fall. MAC makes a shade called Film Noir that would work on a variety of skin tones. MUST. HAVE!!

What styles grab your attention the most? High sleek ponytail, wild luscious locks or long & romantic?

Im OBSESSED with the 70's glam look so I always lean towards BIG SEXY CURLS. However, a high ponytail is always appropriate. 

What projects are you currently working on?

I have a 6 page spread in Runway Magazine, which will hit news stands in mid September. I also worked on Hairspray the musical at the legendary Hollywood Bowl. This was a very special project because I was given the chance to work with makeup geniuses like Anthony Gordon and Roshar. I also had the pleasure to work with super talented Corbin Bleau and funny man Michael McDonald.


Many artist have a signature style, explain yours.

I am known for perfecting the skin and accentuating facial features. In into creating natural looking skin that looks healthy and flawless! Skin is the canvas to every makeup application


Who is your idea of beauty and why?

My idea of beauty is Humanity. There is nothing more attractive than a gentle soul and selfless mind


Well said Rich, I agree 100%. A beautiful existence is one which is devoted to perseverance of being kind and giving.

If any of you are interested in hiring Rich for your next project then make sure to contact him at Richmaganajr@gmail.com

Here are some links of his work that you should definitely follow!


Facebook/ Rich Magana Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment