Eye To Eye

The most common question I am asked is "Are those your own lashes?" My response is usually followed by "I wish I had lashes like yours, I barely have any". Truth is, I dont have the longest lashes, I just spend more time on applying mascara. Many of you think that you have to buy a really expensive mascara to give you the best results. Thats not true at all, in fact, the only thing you should look for is the brush! I dont spend more than $15 dollars on my mascara. Usually they arent much more than $12. I also like to mix up my mascara brands when Im applying. I like the viscosity of different brands over each other. It helps thicken and lengthen my lashes.


Volum' Express by Maybelline is my favorite. I almost always purchase a tube with any other brand that I feel like trying out. The brush really gets in between your lashes and helps seperate while coating.
Voluminous from L'Oreal is another really good one. The brush is similar to Volum'
I just recently got Voluminous Million Lashes and though I dont normally like mascaras with brushes of this material, it really works well. Take a look at my eye without any mascara..


My eye looks washed out and my lashes arent really visible.. After 1 coat I achieved this...

After every coat, I brush my lashes out with a metal comb that doesnt have edges. I hate edges on lash combs, they restrict getting in between the lashes and usually divide the lashes while combing through. After about 2 or 3 coats with one mascara, I usually use another one as well. It doesnt matter what you choose just as long as the brushes get between your lashes thoroughly.

Aside from mascara which is seriously the most important part of doing your eye makeup, you can add color or liner for a fuller more dramatic look...



Amazing to think how I can make such a dull, plain looking eye into a dramatic focal point to my face and makeup. Look at how much my eyebrows define my whole eye! The set the look for the face.

1 comment: