Hidden Treasures



There are some places that I keep going back to. Places where I feel most comfortable and at home. Topanga Canyon is definitely that place for me. I lived there once, years ago, and loved daily life there. Thats why I keep going back to the canyon, even for a drive. I associate that place with good memories even though some of my hardest moments were spent there. A lot of new developments are coming up in the canyon so it pleases my heart to see things that Im familiar with. Hidden Treasure is as I remembered it, unique and unimaginable. The store is an old house that the owners have converted into a boutique of 'faded finds'. Many of the shops, restaurants and bars in the canyon are also homes.



You can spend a good amount of time here just looking through all the different rooms and clusters of merchandise. The prices are more than reasonable. My favorite feature is the old wood burning stove. Many of the houses in the canyon have them. My old place had one and my kitten, My Little Girl (that was her name) would always go underneath of it to warm her sweet body up.






check out these antique keys. they are only .45 cents. I thought I got a deal at the Pasadena Antique Mall when I bought 2 for $7. Still that was a better deal than at the Melrose Flea Market, they go for $20 a piece.




If you live in the Los Angeles area and are into vintage boutiques then make it a point to stop in. Its in Fernwood in Topanga Canyon. The area is small but looks like a little hippie village. Once you drive through the canyon, you'll know youre in Fernwood by the gypsy/ bohemian intensity of your surroundings.

Stop in and go back in time.

154 S Topanga Canyon Blvd
Topanga, CA 90290
(310) 455-2998

No comments:

Post a Comment